Our Adoption Journey

Sometimes on the way to a dream, you get lost and find a better one! And here we go again!

Thursday, August 07, 2008

And the wait continues...

Well, it's been a few weeks since I've spoken with Amber. I talked to her once more after my last post. I also talked with her mother, who was VERY supportive of an adoption. I'm not sure of the reasons Amber hasn't returned my calls - it could be she changed her mind or she simply just doesn't have time with her 6 kids. For now we've written this contact off. For the most part, I'm not getting all obsessed with this....but I do have my moments. We're just trying to focus on Kylie and planning her 2 year old birthday party for now. I did just today contact our other agency in KC to see if she has shown our profile at all. She said it was shown to one birth mother and she received positive feedback, but the birthmother chose another family. We should get a phone call next week from our counselor at the IAC to find out how many times our birth mother letter went out to interested birth mothers in July. They post statistics on that monthly. We'll keep you all updated.

1 Comments:

Blogger Todd Kitta said...

Thanks for the update! Enjoy Kylie's birthday - Scarlett had her's a couple weeks ago. They are amazing little people at 2, aren't they? :)

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home