Our First Agency Contact!
Well, we've had a flurry of activity this past weekend. Saturday we were instant messaged by 3 birth mothers. Sunday we received a phone call from A, whom I talked with for 2 1/2 hours! Sometimes we hesitate blasting news about these birth mothers because we don't like to upset everyone if it doesn't work out. Before I got off the phone last night with A, she told me that she was going to call our agency. We've heard that before and didn't want to get our hopes up! However, when I emailed the agency this morning to let them know A might be contacting them, I was informed that she already had called them! Both the agency AND A contacted me today. A is on her way to a doctor appointment where she will find out more if she is having twins or not. A is from Clinton, Missouri, is 20 years old and is due end of November/early December. The agency told us that this appears to be a solid lead, they just need to receive proof of pregnancy from her (she should get that at the doctor today). The agency is going to follow up with her on Monday and if proof of pregnancy has been received by then, A can choose to "officially match" with us at that time. When we are "matched", the agency will stop sending out our profile and we will stop contact with any other birth parents. A told the agency today that she is not working with any other adoptive couples and is very happy with us. This is very exciting for us! We're just trying to take it one day at a time because Lord knows this whole experience is a roller coaster!!!

1 Comments:
Congratulations Jamey and Cal. I can't wait to hear more news (good).
Post a Comment
<< Home